Wednesday 6 May 2020

The Breakfast Pie

As you can tell by the title this post is about a pie, me and my mum made this pie yesterday (at the time when I post this) and it was something that she had made before but we added hash browns. I named it the 'Breakfast' pie because the ingredients are something you would have for breakfast.

All you have to do is get a pie dish of the size that you want, grease it, add 2 rolls of sausage filling that you get from the store and it looks a bit like dog roll, press it down nice and flat. Now add the Hash Browns, you can have any shape for these as long as they fit in your dish, do one layer of these. Now add the eggs and I'm not exactly sure on how many but make a reasonable layer of them as well. Now to give it a nice pie top add some cheese but not to much that you can't see the eggs under, just a little bit (as you can see in the photo). Here is our attempt of this pie and these photos can be a guide for you.

                                            Before                                                            After

4 comments:

  1. Hi Rhys Latoia here I think that you made a good pie it looks good I hope you have a good rest of your day bye Latoia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey latoia, thanks for the comment! It was quite a nice pie, Stay safe!

      - Rhys

      Delete
  2. Hi Rhys. That looks good. I've never heard of a breakfast pie. What is your favourite thing you have made during lockdown?
    Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rhys that is a fantastic name for a pie, as they are exactly breakfast ingredients! Although reading through the recipe made me quite hungry, my question is therefore: can you eat a breakfast pie in the afternoon? Or is it then renamed 'an afternoon pie?'
    Awesome work Rhys!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.